When the Thunderstorm Warning, Typhoon Signal No.8, and/or Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted, you should take necessary precautions as follows:
- Stay indoors wherever you are and do not leave the building until the signal is lowered and the condition is safe to do so.
- Stay away from large windows, structures and objects that are vulnerable to strong wind.
- Do not swim or engage in other outdoor water sport activities. Leave water and seek shelter.
- Avoid using plugged-in electrical appliances.
- Do not touch aerials, water pipes, wire fence and similar metal installations.
- Do not handle inflammable materials in open containers.
- Do not stand on hilltops or near any highly conductive object. Keep away from trees or masts that are likely to be struck by lightning.